19. Animating Textual content and Objects 19.1. Introduction
In PowerPoint, you may animate textual content and objects corresponding to clip artwork, shapes, and photos. Animation—or motion—on the slide can be utilized to attract the viewers’s consideration to particular content material or to make the slide simpler to learn.
There are a number of animation results you may select from, and they’re organized into 4 varieties.
* On the backside of the menu, you may entry much more results.
Some results may have choices you may change. For instance, with the Fly In impact you may management which route the item comes from. These choices will be accessed from the Impact Choices command within the Animation group.
To take away an animation:
1) Choose the small quantity situated subsequent to the animated object.
!!! Animations are greatest utilized in moderation. Including too many animations could make your presentation look just a little foolish and might even be distracting to your viewers. Think about using principally refined animations, or not utilizing animations in any respect.
19.2. Working with animations
So as to add a number of animations to an object:
If you choose a brand new animation from the the menu within the Animation group, it should change the item’s present animation. Nevertheless, you will typically wish to place multiple animation on an object, like an Entrance and an Exit impact. To do that, you will want to make use of the Add Animation command, which is able to assist you to preserve your present animations whereas including new ones.
1) Choose the variety of the impact you wish to change.
Any animation results you’ve got utilized will present up whenever you play the slide present. Nevertheless, you can even rapidly preview the animations for the present slide with out viewing the slide present.
19.3. The Animation Pane
The Animation Pane lets you view and handle the entire results which are on the present slide. You’ll be able to modify and reorder results immediately from the Animation Pane, which is very helpful when you’ve got a number of results.
* You probably have a number of animated objects, it might assist to rename the objects earlier than reordering them within the Animation Pane. You’ll be able to rename them within the Choice Pane. To open the Choice Pane, click on an object, then from the Format tab click on Choice Pane. Double-click the title of an object to rename it.
1) On the Animation Pane, click on and drag an impact up or down.
* If the timeline just isn’t seen, click on the drop-down arrow for an impact, then choose Present Superior Timeline.
To alter an impact’s begin choice:
By default, an impact begins enjoying whenever you click on the mouse throughout a slide present. You probably have a number of results, you have to to click on a number of occasions to start out every impact individually. Nevertheless, by altering the beginning choice for every impact, you may have results that routinely play on the identical time or one after the opposite.
* If you preview the animations, the entire results will play via routinely. To check results which are set to Begin on Click on, you have to to play the slide present.
19.4. The Impact Choices dialog field
From the Animation Pane, you may entry the Impact Choices dialog field, which comprises extra superior choices you should use to superb tune your animations.
* Some results have extra choices you may change. These will fluctuate relying on which impact you’ve got chosen.
- Open our follow presentation. When you already downloaded our presentation to be able to observe together with the lesson, make sure you download a recent copy.
- On slide 2, choose the textual content field that comprises Reply: Neil Armstrong, and add a Pulse animation from the Emphasis group.
- In the identical textual content field, add a Wipe animation from Entrance group.
- Change the Impact Choices so it wipes From Left.
- Reorder the animations so the Wipe animation will occur first.
- Change the Begin choices for the Pulse animation so it begins After Earlier.
- Use the Animation Painter to repeat your animations to the Reply: Mercurytext field on slide 3.
- Take away the animations from the textual content field on slide Three containing What planet is closest to the solar?
- If you’re completed, play your presentation. Slides 2 and three ought to look one thing like this: