22. Tables 22.1. Introduction
Tables are one other device you need to use to show data in PowerPoint. A desk is a grid of cells organized in rows and columns. Tables are helpful for varied duties, together with presenting textual content data and numerical information. You’ll be able to even customizetables to suit your presentation.
To insert a desk:
1) From the Insert tab, click on the Desk command.
2) Hover the mouse over the grid of squares to pick the specified variety of columns and rows within the desk. In our instance, we’ll insert a desk with six rows and 6 columns (6×6).
3) The desk will seem on the at present chosen slide. In our instance, that is slide 3.
4) Click on wherever within the desk, and start typing so as to add textual content. You may as well use the Tab key or the arrow keys in your keyboard to navigate by way of the desk.
* You may as well insert a desk by clicking the Insert Desk command in a placeholder.
22.2. Modifying tables
PowerPoint contains a number of choices for customizing tables, together with shifting and resizing, in addition to including rows and columns.
To maneuver a desk:
Click on and drag the sting of a desk to maneuver it to a brand new location on a slide.
To resize a desk:
Click on and drag the sizing handles till the desk is the specified dimension.
So as to add a row or column:
1) Click on a cell adjoining to the placement the place you wish to add a row or column. In our instance, we’ll choose the cell that claims Thriller.
2) Click on the Format tab on the suitable aspect of the Ribbon.
3) Find the Rows & Columns group. If you wish to insert a brand new row, choose both Insert Above or Insert Under. If you wish to insert a brand new column, choose both Insert Left or Insert Proper.
4) The brand new row or column will seem.
To delete a row or column:
1) Choose the specified row or column. In our instance, we’ll choose the empty rowat the underside of the desk.
2) From the Format tab within the Rows & Columns group, click on the Deletecommand, then choose Delete Rows or Delete Columns from the menu.
3) The chosen row or column might be deleted.
* You may as well entry the Insert and Delete instructions by right-clicking a desk.
To delete a desk:
Click on the sting of the desk you wish to delete, then press the Backspace or Delete key in your keyboard.
22.3. Modifying tables with the Format tab
When you choose a desk, the Design and Format tabs will seem on the suitable aspect of the Ribbon. You can also make a wide range of adjustments to a desk utilizing the instructions on the Format tab.
Textual content Route
Altering the textual content directioncan add model to your desk. It may additionally assist to avoid wasting area if you want to match extra columns in your desk.
22.4. Customizing tables
PowerPoint makes it simple to vary the feel and appear of your tables. For instance, you’ll be able to shortly apply totally different desk types and customise the desk borders.
To use a desk model:
1) Choose any cell in your desk, then click on the Design tab on the suitable aspect of the Ribbon.
2) Find the Desk Kinds group, then click on the Extra drop-down arrow to see out there desk types.
3) Choose the specified model.
4) The chosen desk model might be utilized.
To vary desk model choices:
You’ll be able to flip varied choices on or off to vary the looks of the desk. There are six choices: Header Row, Whole Row, Banded Rows, First Column, Final Column, and Banded Columns.
1) Choose any cell in your desk.
2) From the Design tab, examine or uncheck the specified choices within the Desk Fashion Choices group.
* These choices can have an effect on your desk model in varied methods, relying on the kind of content material in your desk. Chances are you’ll have to experiment with a number of choices to seek out the precise model you need.
So as to add borders to a desk:
You’ll be able to add borders to assist outline totally different sections of a desk. Sure desk types might embrace borders mechanically, nevertheless it’s simple so as to add them manually or customise them. You’ll be able to management the border weight, coloration, and line model for some or all of a desk.
1) Choose the cells the place you wish to add borders. In our instance, we’ll choose each cell in our desk.
2) From the Design tab, choose the specified Line Fashion, Line Weight, and Pen Colour.
3) Click on the Borders drop-down arrow, then choose the specified border sort.
4) The border might be added to the chosen cells.
5) To take away borders, choose the specified cells, click on the Borders command, and choose No Border.