7. Making use of Themes 7.1. Introduction
A theme is a predefined mixture of colours, fonts, and results. Totally different themes additionally use completely different slide layouts. You’ve got already been utilizing a theme, even in the event you did not comprehend it: the default Workplace theme. You’ll be able to select from quite a lot of new themes at any time, giving your complete presentation a constant, skilled look.
What’s a theme?
In PowerPoint, themes offer you a fast and simple solution to change the design of your presentation. They management your main colour palette, primary fonts, slide structure, and different essential parts. All the parts of a theme will work properly collectively, which suggests you will not need to spend as a lot time formatting your presentation.
Every theme makes use of its personal set of slide layouts. These layouts management the way in which your content material is organized, so the impact may be dramatic. Within the examples beneath, you’ll be able to see that the placeholders, fonts, and colours are completely different.
Each PowerPoint theme—together with the default Workplace theme—has its personal theme parts. These parts are:
Theme Fonts: There are two theme fonts obtainable on the prime of the Fontmenu beneath Theme Fonts.
Theme Results: These have an effect on the preset form types. You’ll find form types on the Format tab every time you choose a form or SmartArt graphic.
While you swap to a distinct theme, all of those parts will replace to mirror the brand new theme. You’ll be able to drastically change the look of your presentation in a number of clicks.
!!! Should you apply a font or colour that is not a part of the theme, it will not change when you choose a distinct theme. This contains colours chosen from the Customary Colours or Extra Colours choices and fonts chosen from All Fonts. Utilizing non-theme parts may be helpful while you need sure textual content to be a selected colour or font, like a emblem.
7.2. Making use of themes
All themes included in PowerPoint are positioned within the Themes group on the Designtab. Themes may be utilized or modified at any time.
* As soon as you have utilized a theme, you may as well choose a variant for that theme from the Variants group. Variants use completely different theme colours whereas preserving a theme’s total look.
- Open our follow presentation.
- Apply the Gallery theme, which has a lightweight background with a wooden texture on the backside. Observe: Theme names will seem while you hover over them.
- Choose a variant of the theme.
- Right here is an instance of what your presentation would possibly appear to be: